Friday, May 24, 2013

Sibling Adventure

I came to the FRC 5/23 with one of my brothers and one of my sisters.  We fished from 5-9pm.  Winds were light. Mostly cloudy.  Somewhat chilly--the mountain passes had traction tire advisories this morning.

Kristi with  a small one
Sister Kristi discovered the little family secret--her brothers lose a lot of fish and miss strikes for even more.  Lots of little guys striking.  All of us caught fish (eventually).  Lots of surface activity--feeding on about size 28 midges.

My biggest rainbow ever at the FRC
We fished floating, intermediate, and sink-tip lines and had action on all of them.  Black bugger, green bugger were what my siblings were most effective with.  I used prince nymph, chironomid, and size 20 spent midge.  I landed this 26" rainbow on the spent midge.

Tiger trout measures 18"--photographer doesn't know how to use "zoom" but I'm happy to have the photo.
We also found a tiger.  Saw one osprey.  Saw otter briefly across the pond on the surface once.  Seeing lots of little fish eating on the surface let me know he hasn't decimated the population (yet).

If you haven't made it over yet, come on over.

No comments:

Post a Comment